Mac Desktop Application
How do I download the Talygen Application for MAC?
Click on the DOWNLOAD button. It will open a popup window from where you can save the .dmg file of the application on your hard drive.
How do I Install the Talygen Application for MAC?
Follow these steps to download and install the Talygen application for MAC.
1. Download the Talygen application, which includes a .dmg file. Save the file where you will easily find it like your desktop or download folder.
For best results: Login as Admin until you have fully installed the application.
2. Double click on zip file to extract the .dmg.
3. Drag and drop talygen into applications folder
4. Open applications and find talygen, double click on it to launch Talygen.
5. During installation, if any hidden files are active then this is due to enabling your hidden files and folders in your MAC settings. To disable these settings please follow below points:
- Launch terminal
- Type: defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
- Type: killall Finder
The prerequisites for offline mode MAC Application:-
1. The Desktop application is computer specific. The User has to take care that he/she must be on personal computer not on shared computers to enforce security of his/her data.
2. User has to log-in to the desktop app once with internet connection, after that he/she can shift over the offline mode.
3. In order to track time in 'Offline mode', users have to enable 'Offline Tracking' from User wise Configuration setting.
4. Time limit for 'tracking offline entries in days' can be set from configuration settings under screen shot functionality module.
5. Help button is disabled in offline mode.
6. Free trail, Paid link, help link and forgot password do not work in offline mode.
7. Sync button will not be shown to the user when offline tracking is disabled.
8. Whenever user login first time he/she have to sync the data first in order to synchronize with the web.
9. Pause/Resume button disabled in offline mode.
10. If a user changes password from web then he/she must synchronize once.
11. User has to synchronize data to perform other tasks while he/she comes to online from offline even if the entry is running.
12. Please keep in mind that you are having only one connection instance on your system at a time while using desktop app in offline mode.
13. Overlap functionality will not work for desktop app in offline mode.
14. The Future time entries are not allowed in desktop application.